Thursday, January 24, 2013

Challenge Valentine


Apparently I did not send Valentine cards last year as I have quite a stash. So I don't need to make very many this year. But I always like to make three very special ones- for the two daughters & the hubby. So this card will be for one of my daughters & it was made using two challenges as inspiration.


First the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge, FTTC204, is to use a circle, fishtail & pearls/brads.

I counted my embossed background with the large polka dots as my circle; plus the Designer Paper has a circle medallion. So I think I'm good with keeping to the challenge requirements.

The second challenge was the Mojo Monday sketch, MOJO277.

I found this sketch extremely challenging. Not that it is really hard, but I was totally blank for an idea. I usually take sketches literally so I figured that was what the problem & causing my creative block. When that happens I go looking for inspiration. I saw Teresa Kline's (a Mojo Designer) take on the sketch & that was what I needed to get me going. You can see her beauty & my inspiration on her blog: Paperie Blooms. Her heart combined with the Flourishes requirement for a fishtail was the essence of my card.

That's it for me today. Soon I'll be posting some "Project 365, My Way" pages and some more of my One Sheet Wonder cards.

Hugs, Marilyn

5 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Ooooooooh, love this! The pop of deep red against all that white space is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at the FTTC!

Allison Cope said...

Wowsers Marilyn! This is stunning! Love the embossed back ground and your use of the elements for this week's challenge WTG! Thanks for playing along with us for "Timeless Tuesday at Flourishes!!!

Cynthia said...

Had to pop over for a closer look. This is gorgeous, Marilyn!

Peggy said...

Fabulous valentine card! Love the touches of twine!

Audrey Hiltke said...

Your Valentine's card is AMAZING!! Your wonderful colors, sweet sentiment and fun bakers twine really make it a treasure!
Hugs,
Audrey